A go-to rod for any stream or river or pond or lake, Teton is a fantastic all-around choice. It’s ultra-lightweight with very precise action and can handle fish in the 16-inch or smaller range.
- Materials: Carbon fiber shaft, cork handle, 2 mm nickel alloy tippet ring
- Includes rod, line, 3 hand tied flies, line holder, and tippet
- 6:4 flex—A great all-around rod for rivers, streams, ponds and lakes
- Ultra-lightweight fly fishing rod with a swivel tip to help keep the line from getting tangled
- Lines are handcrafted with single strand, non-tapered construction
- Spool designed for this rod and is just big enough to make winding your line simple and quick. The notches make it easy to attach flies and the foam core helps dry your line
- Made in China
- Dimensions: Closed: 20" x 1.5"; Rod Length: 12 ft.; Grip: 11.25"
- Weight: 1.00 lbs.
Fly fishing can be an intimidating sport; it’s expensive and takes some practice. Enter Tenkara Rod Co.—a simple fly fishing alternative. Based on a traditional Japanese method, this is about bringing only the basics—the rod, the line, and the fly. Tenkara Rod Co. kits include all three. Extend the telescoping fishing rod, connect the handcrafted line, and put the fly out. It’s uncomplicated, and the reel-less design is quiet, elegant, and suited to enjoying nature. These rods are made with high-quality cork and other lightweight materials. They're similar to traditional fly fishing rods, but much lighter, more portable, and easier to learn. The rods shrink down to less than two feet and weigh almost nothing—the heaviest model is 3.4 ounces (lighter than an iPhone). They’re so easy to bring along hiking or backpacking and are affordable at just a fraction of the cost of a typical $800 or more fly rod. Wondering how to bring in a fish without a reel? Easy. You angle the rod back and grab the line or a net and pull the fish in.